how can i help labor come faster

how can i help labor come faster i am due march 12th and i did not know if it would hurt my baby if i try to get it to come b4 that . the roads are getting soft up here and i dont want to walk down my driveway while i am in labor. what can i do if it is safe to try to hurry things up?

~Heidi~

heidicummins03

Asked by heidicummins03 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do NOT try to hurry things along before your due date, or at least outside a week from your due date. babies are carried for 40 weeks for a reason, and you do not want that baby to have problems because you are uncomfortable now. would you rather the baby be stuck int he NICU for a few weeks recovering from prematurity?
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Well, you still have a little time. I'd say in two weeks start having sex, eating spicey foods and walking.
    Anonymous

• it might sound weird but sex and nipple stimulation is what a nurse told me with my 2nd one and it worked...
    Anonymous

• Yeah I would say about two weeks I would start having sex like crazy, walk walk walk, Spicy foods and also I heard that there is something that you can drink It might be glercin ( but iam not 100% sure on that one so dont try that one without some research.) Best of luck to you hope labor is quick.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I heard raspberry leaf tea will do it.. I heard you can by it at the health store
    Anonymous

• Thats 4 days away... how is that rushing it early mama? She's fine and if the baby comes early and needs to be in nicu it's not bc she had the baby 3 or 4 days early. I had my son at 35 weeks and he was healthy and fine. I didn't try to go into labor but if you baby going to be sick it's def not bc he came out 3 or 4 days early.
    Anonymous

• its actually more than a month away it is rushing it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Have lots of rough and tumble sex. The more you orgasm, the more you cramp (which isn't necessarily the same as a labor contraction but gets your uterus ready for the big event.) Also, there is a chemical in sperm that helps to soften the cervix
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 7:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Why on God's green Earth would you want to make that baby come b4 it is supposed to? Suck it up like the rest of us pregnant women do. Who said it's supposed to be easy? When it gets closer just do a lot of walking and have lots of sex.

Anonymous

• rushing it way before your due date is very dangerous for your unborn baby.

please be more responsible

when you are 1 week before your due date you can start rushing a little
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2009