We bought a house but dream of moving

We only have 7 years to pay off the mortgage which isnt a long time. So I just have to be patient lol. But we are eager to start over. We dream of moving away from this small town for better job opportunities. Have any of you ever bought a house then moved soon after? Or did you pay the mortgage off first?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 11:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I think many people buy a house, and move without paying the mortgage off. Most mortgages are 30 years. If your needs in a home change, the neighborhood changes, or jobs require a move, you're not going to wait for the mortgage to be paid off.

good luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• We bought our first house in Texas and sold it in a year due to a better job opportunity in Colorado 15 years ago. Because of the housing market in the area, we ended up losing about $10k selling it.

With our current home we've had for 7 years, we'd lose around $100k trying to sell now, so we're sticking with it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• We have lived here for 8 years. I would love to move. Don't see it happening though. The bigger my kids get the smaller this house gets.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• I guess I'm wondering how we'd even go about that. I mean we bought it from the owner, not a bank. So would the guy we bought it from give us a bad reference if we moved?
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Unfortunately we have bought houses and then had to move due to job transfers. Usually we broke just above even because we were not there long enough.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2012