WOMEN'S SEXUAL HEALTH ...............LOW LIBIDO .............NOT IN THE MOOD.............NO DESIRE

Ok ..........Now before we begin this one I am going to ask that we all act like mature adults talking about an issue that effects many of us. I have posted before and had alot of rude and nasty comments. If you feel that you can't talk maturely about this then please just keep it moving. Ok .............
My question is: How many of you have a very low libido for what ever the reason? Maybe after having your children your desire isn't there anymore and your just not into it. Maybe it's your hormones or stress, or maybe you are just bored with the whole routine. It seems that some men are just too sexual and think of sex as more of a recreational thing and not someting that comes natural and can't be forced on a woman if she's not feeling it. I don't mean forced as in physically. I mean just pushing the idea. Give me some feed back moms!

MamaNiecey

Asked by MamaNiecey at 5:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Health

• My answer which most women won't agree with. SOME of us have lack of libido for lack of trying. Our desire doesn't come as easy as it does for men so you can't just wait to be in the mood or not be tired. We'll always be that and we'll drive our husbands away with the not tonight..or ever.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I go through it every now and then. Sometimes I am just too damn tired, or I just don't feel good about the way I look, hormones probably play a role in it too. I think a lot of women go through this at one time or another. It seems like some men could have sex no matter what is ailing  them at the moment.

sonjaf

Answer by sonjaf at 5:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• We're supposed to have a sex drive? Wow. That's new to me. I've never had a desire to have sex (and I am not exagerating here, I really have never had a sex drive). It used to drive my husband nuts but now, as we get older, his drive is dropping too so we are a perfect match finally! LOL I used to try everything to get a sex drive but nothing ever worked so I finally just gave up about 3 years ago.

Course all our friends think we have sex all the time because we have 3 kids. LOL
    Anonymous

• Thanks for your response Mama Champ. Everyones input is important. However I just wanted to point out to you that I am older 43 even though some women that age and older say they are in the mood for sex , there are alot of us who are just burnt out. Alot of men are too. And it is the mature one's that understand and won't leave you and dick someone else. Men have these issues too. That's where Viagra came in at ya know? Only a husband that is very immature and thinks sex all the time will stray. If a man is going to stary because he can't understand a woman's body and her feelings and her hormones then he wasn't meant to be there in the first place then I guess. There is so much more to love than sex. Sex is a great part of a relationship, but if one is having sexual issues the other should love that person enough to stand by them and help them, and try to understand that it's maybe medical or hormonal.
    MamaNiecey

Answer by MamaNiecey at 7:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I have to agree with MamaNiecey on this one. Men are not driven by their drive to have sex unless they have been taught that. It keeps getting perpetuated that men cannot control their sex drive. That a woman will lose her man if she doesn't "put out." Sorry, that's wrong. If a man leave because his wife has a nonexistant sex drive, he wasn't much of a man in the first place. Men need to learn they are more than sex machines. Men can control their sex drives just as much as women can, and there are a great many times he should control himself. I am so tired of the "if you don't have sex with him, he's going to get it elsewhere" argument. If he does that, he has no respect for the person he married and isn't worth my time or energy. Luckily I have a great guy who has never cheated and rarely gets sex (once every six months generally).
    Anonymous

• I am 23 and I have never have a desire to have sex nor to I ever feel anything during sex. It kinda sucks a little because I have no idea what all the fus is about! I actaully feel more pain during sex then anything. which I know is not normal and I am talking to my doctor about it now. But, nope I have never had a sex drive!.
    Anonymous