SIBLING RIVALRY

Who here truly can't stand when their kids fight between eachother? I can't. It gets on my very last nerve.

elainecat

Asked by elainecat at 5:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It drives me CRAZY!!! I have 2 boys age 12 and 10
    I have 3 brothers and we always fought when we were young-know we get along just fine.
    I thinks it is pretty normal, don't get me wrong-it annoy's the crap out of me.
    Goldenbrowny

Answer by Goldenbrowny at 6:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Blah it gets on my nerves too. And it never ever stops! My 19 yr old comes over and still fights with her brothers and when I say something they are like "were just playing around". I was an only child so its very annoying when they are "playing around" and calling each other names or fighting for things. One example, my taxes are coming in next week and my 15 yr old knows and asked for a new Ipod to which I said yes. Now my 16 yr old is asking for something MORE expensive and I know its to get on his brothers nerves,which in turn gets on MY nerves and my 19 yr old is now asking for a new Tv LOL. It never ends.

Answer by gemgem at 5:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Read "Siblings Without Rivalry". It gives very good understanding for what is happening and how you can help it.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It doesn't happen often here but when it does...it's like nails on a chalkboard!!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It gets on my nerves but Ive also realized I cant stop it. They have to. All I can do is try and persuade them to knock it off and do something else.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My oldest and youngest (5 years apart in age) fight constantly! It's a battle of the wills with the both of them. My 20 year old seems to think that she should get away with telling her 15 year old sister what to do as if she were her mother. My 15 year old feels it is her right to constantly pick at her oldest sister's last nerves until she breaks down and gets angry. Then my 15 year old runs to my husband and does the innocent little girl routine who has been picked on by her big, mean old sister! My daughter born between them just stays out of it and doesn't take sides unless she sees something grossly unfair being tattled about or done.
    They drive me nuts!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2009