How did you come up with your child(s)' name?

Billi_S

Asked by Billi_S at 5:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have 5 kids. My first I named after a friend of mine and the middle name I just liked. My second I named after a friend of mine too and his first name his dad chose which I dislike. My 3rd we didnt know if he was a boy or girl so we chose unisex names and it wasnt after anyone. My 4th and 5th were named after family.

Answer by gemgem at 5:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I had the names of my first two children chosen by the time I was 10 yrs. old. I never changed my mind. My son was named after my Da's boss at the time and my Daughter was named after the main character in a poem by Charles Dickey. The next two for us...we have names floating around but not set in stone.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• William was a name that comes up in both my husband's and my family tree going back to 1800's. We loved the tradional names but what swung it for us was that it's one of my father's names (he is Nelson William Jonathan) and so we thought it fitting.

We call him Willie, Bill and Will
    notquiteMartha

Answer by notquiteMartha at 5:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Michael - his dads name

Harmoni - her dad loves music hes rly into it , so we chose that one .... but i looked deeper into the name and it means 'beautiful blending" -- which is decent cuz her dads mixed and im white and shes gunna have a lil bit of color so it was pretty cool
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 7:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• my oldest was named after my ex's girlfriend whom he was seeing while I was pregnant. But I didn't find out to years later. SURPRISE. But that's okay cause she fits her name. You know when you meet someone and think wow yeah she's so not a Mary. Well that's her. LOL.

My son Ian. I wanted Jon my husband said no. So I came up with Ian, Evan and gosh I don't recall the other one. But they were all forms of Jon. Hy husband liked Ian the best.

Riley. Well I had a friend who's son was Riley. Liked the name. Later ran acrossed it in a Mary Kate and Ashley book of my oldest and thought wow Riley for a girl is cool
    . So we have a Riley.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My Oldest's first name is my Father's name, his middle name is a name my DH picked. With our second we picked Zachary (my oldest is Austin and my dh and I were 29 when he was born and we were soooooooooooo tired of the "are you going to have children?" and then "are you having more?" that when I became pregnant with Zach I said I was naming him Zachary and I'll have it all from A to Z so no one will bother me any more! :D Zach's middle name is Michael, my DH's name. :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2009