My poor butt! TMI question.

This is Super embarrassing but I've been having BM that are kinda hard, and I sometimes have to strain to get them out. Well today while showering, I noticed a small bump around my "hole". Well I'm guessing that it is an external hemmroid, I'm not in pain but I'm alittle sore. But after a BM earlier today, there was blood on the toliet paper. Kinda as if I started my period amount, I'm positive it's coming from my butt. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I'm really worried, is there anything that I can do to help it? Will it just go away on its own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When you go back to your doctor ask for some stool softener..If you keep getting constipated and it's hard those will make it easier. Also drink water and buy some hemhroid cream!
    Anonymous

• You're probably right about what it is. Ask your doctor about using tucks pads or preperation h and/or a stool softener like colace (I don't know if it's safe during pregnancy). Also up your intake of fiber and drink plenty of water.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Call you doctor, but i think that there is some OTC cream that helps. Good luck.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Preparation H cream that you can apply to it.
    Be sure to get cream because ointment is greasy like vaseline, and since it's outside, suppositories won't be where you need it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• it definitely sounds like a hemorrhoid. They are very common with pregnancy. I got one myself eat lots of insoluble fiber (that makes your BMs soft and regular) the soluble fiber does nothing for your digestive tract
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 7:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• use stool softener and try prune juice
    Anonymous