Stay at home mom's to toddlers/ babies/ pre-schoolers

What do you guys do all day?

We play with littlest pet shops, play doh, color, clean, make projects

Ummm... answer 10,000 questions a day

lol

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2012 in General Parenting

• We read, played with toys, went to the park, cleaned, did puzzles, went shopping and definitely with the questions!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• umm I'm not a stay at home mom but that answer 10,000 questions pertains to my kids as well. Of course with 3 of them that's only 3,333 each with the youngest getting in the extra one.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Clean house
    do laundry
    repair clothes
    Clean house after just cleaning house
    run after kids
    feed kids
    clean house after kids
    Go outside and chase the kids (hey they like it)
    water the plants and the kids
    weed and
    give kids a bath
    wash more clothes
    clean the floor walls and tub from muddy kids
    feed the dogs.
    answer the phone
    pay the bills
    run ro the grocery story
    Make dinner (did I forget the snack in there and the resulting mess)
    Chase the kids clean up the boiled over pot
    restart the waterboiling.
    referree fight
    clean up and bandage the winner and loser
    place kids in seperate corners
    clean up boil over from pot and the now burnt pot
    Make sure kids are still in corners
    Start the pot.
    Check the kids
    Put the one violator on his bed to "wait for daddy"
    release the other one to watch TV
    pot something in the pot t
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• You get the idea.

O what do I do with the kids?
    Play
    read
    cook
    clean
    sort clothes
    sew
    paint
    sort M&Ms
    eat M&Ms
    knit
    you know the usual
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Dardenella YES. I did not mention the constant cleaning of messes which consumes most of my day and results in the house looking remotely exactly the same as it did when the man left the house. Slightly worse even.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• We go somewhere every day. Library, playground, play date, store, etc to get out if the house. We play trains, little people, read books, tea party, Legos, walk around the neighborhood, swing, jump on the trampoline, color, play Memory, puzzles, etc and somewhere in there I clean and cook meals!
    My 2 yo still naps, but my 3 yo and I usually walk outside to watch for the bus bringing home my 11 and 12 yo's. (my 15 yo comes home from school in a cab)

Answer by missanc at 3:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• This summer I tried to take her somewhere everyday- we walked in the stroller to the park or to the library (3 miles, go me!!)

But i'm progressing with my pregnancy and the poor kid is home all the time with me- i'm SO tired
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• I do much Dardenella's list (esp. M&M sorting and eating, LOL)plus a lot of Arts and crafts and cleaning of those resulting messes. DD did start preschool 2x /wk, 3hrs /day, so I joined a gym. So I finally have something for just ME on that long list of what we do all day. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• She is 2? How about matching socks? It is educational and fun until they realize it is a chore you don't want to do.
    Mine was a little older but mommy can't reach or mommy needs help. "playing house" always seemed to be fun for mine.
    Sometimes they just have to accept that we are not going to the park, zoo... for a while.

If she like to do play dough why not let her make real food with a pie crust.
    Even pie crust baked with cinnamon and sugar is good.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• My guys mostly do their thing, I do mine, and sometimes we do stuff together. They are easy to engage in a project if I need help with something. They are especially good at sweeping with the brush & dustpan, they can carry folded laundry to its destination, strip the beds, carry bedding to the laundry room, grease baking pans, weed/plant in the garden, and they love to help with cooking projects or to wash dishes (this is their latest fave task & it is VERY popular.)
    But typically they get busy with their toys or ideas (draw on the chalkboard; paint; watch our new cats; gather boxes & other containers to build a "city" on my bed; play with twine--tying up their "boat" to the stairwell banister, tying knots, connecting a "boat" to its "tug" by putting string between two boxes; digging in the driveway; playing by the creek/in the yard; raking leaves; building with blocks; laying out train tracks; playing with toy farm animals.)
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 5:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2012