Plans after kids

What are your plans after your kids are grown. I have been a SAHM, so I would love to go back to school to be a nurse. Any changes? Stay as you are?

RelaxedMom2-3

Asked by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2012 in Money & Work

• My kids are all in college now. Before the kids, I had been a freelance writer, but I put my writing on hold for years. Now I'm working on fiction for the first time, and happy to be writing again. I'm also starting to take better care of me...after years of caring for everyone else.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• I REALLY look forward to doing more with my husband. Definitely visit the grandkids! :D We would LOVE to go back to Africa. Mostly though, I just look forward to hanging out with him. Doesn't matter what - just more time together.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Probably working until I die since retirement seems to be out of reach for people like us. :/

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• I think the only thing that might change is the time of day that I work. I am so not a morning person, so I might go back to working nights like I used to before he came along. But I say that now, who knows what I will be doing... maybe by that time I will have won the lotto and I won't have to work. :0)
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• It's still a long time from now but I would probably still be working but I'll probably do more things for myself like go on a cruise or vacation.
    Anonymous

• There is no time after kids lol. If your kids are in school and you want to be a nurse I would sggest that you do it.
    I still have a child at home and will for at least another 6 years (presumably) I am OLD lol
    When DH retires or gets his long tern disability , we will just do volunteer work and enjoy our lives.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Work parttime, study something, do humanitarian work, maybe live in another country for a few months just to see what it would be like.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• I hope we can travel more throughtout the world once the kids have left and live their own life !
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• I'll be 65 when my youngest turns 25. I'll probably just want to rest!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Travel! Hubby and I want to see the world together.
    Tesserae

Answer by Tesserae at 4:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2012