OTHER BABIES

I'm a mother to two boys ages 8 & 11 and I'm not having anymore. Do you think I'm whacky for always wanting to hold and hug neighbors and friends' babies or toddlers? I can't help it. They're so cute.

elainecat

Asked by elainecat at 5:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That new cuddly baby phase is so short - you'd have to have tons of kids to get enough of that! I think it's perfectly fine to enjoy it from other people's kids as long as you aren't just going up to strangers and grabbing their children - now that would be wacky!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i agree. your not crazy though i only have one(5yr) and a stepson(6yr) and i would love another but i am pretty sure cant have anymore and i am only 23 so i get jealous of them having babies but not to where i hate them or anything. i always want to hold peoples babies (the ones i know cuz the others would probably call me psycho ) lol they are the sweetest things and the cutest things ever.
    Anonymous

• Ahhh so not crazy...I could just eat them up. We have a 9 and 6 yr. old and are so not done yet. But I still rub all the bellies I can, and snuggle all the babies I can and play with all the toddlers I can... They are just all such bundles of joy.... I love the ages my babies are but I still sometimes miss the smaller size too. My babies are wonderful and they are amazing but I still can't wait to have more little ones running around the house, and neither can our older two.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• No I dont think you are wacky.

BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Nope, you aren't wacky. I think that we will always love to hold babies because we have that "Mommy" Instinct. It makes us feel incredible to smooch on a little bitty bundle of happiness... and it always will!!
    butterflydust

Answer by butterflydust at 6:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• not at all. my mom was just like you until i had a baby...she called them "place holder babies". that feeling keeps you in neutral while you wait for grandbabies :D
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• New babies are like new cars you smell one and you want one...you are not crazy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009