Is going out on a date with a boy diffrent from haveing a boyfriend at school?

My dd is 13 I would not let her go out on a date with a boy but I will let her have a boyfriend at school.

strawgirl

Asked by strawgirl at 7:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Why are you letting her have boyfriends at school?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i think actually dating (having the boy over for dinner and so on) is better than letting them "date" behind your back. i'd rather be there to get to know him and vice versa...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I agree with TXdanielly. What is the difference between dating at school and dating outside of school. If you are not going to let her date then don't let her date period, but if you are going to let her date then having the boy over and knowing where they are and when is much better than her telling you she's at Sally's house when she's really at the movies with the boy. Anything you are worried about them doing on a date they can do at school too, trust me! lol. My parents had the same rule you have when I was younger.
    mommyofgracie

Answer by mommyofgracie at 8:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have a 13 yr old son,and he goes to the movies,with a girl that he likes,but there is a bunch of friends that go with them.I dont mind that.My 16 yr old,(the missing one)when she was 13,we tried to be real strict,and not let her have boyfirends,and not go anywhere with them,and she would lie and sneak....and had them anyways behind my back.I think too,that if he has her over,that should be ok,my son has done that too.
    redhottmama01

Answer by redhottmama01 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2008