first heartbeat

so i went for my first u/s and the baby heartbeat was 165 do you think it can be a girl by hearing the heartbeat for the first time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know that you can accurately predict that way...My first was suppose to be a girl by the heartbeat! He is a boy! lol..I am pregnant now and this baby's heart rate is also in the 160s. I am hoping for a girl this time!! : )
    calaid

Answer by calaid at 6:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I hear if the heart rate is 160 or higher its a girl and if its around 140-145ish its a boy.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I'm pretty sure the wives tale is under 150 boy and over 150 girl..but that wives tale doesn't work in early pregnancy because all babies have high heartrates until about 20 weeks : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 7:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• no you cannot tell by the heartbeat. My sister's was supposedly as fast as a girl's was supposed to be and mine as fast as a boy's. Obviously I turned out to be a girl. Oddly, I was able to tell pretty much right away that I was having a boy by just being in tune with my body. That and certain hormones affect your body differently... if it's a boy, once the testosterone sets in you'll start noticing changes.
    Anonymous

• my kids all started out at 180. my daughter & first son both stayed at 180 or higher, they both had heart defects. my second son started at 180, just before he was born it was 165. i don't know if there is any truth to that old wives tale.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 7:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• you cant tell by just the heart beat .. if so then my little girl would be a boy and my boy would had been a girl ... my son his heart beat was always up around 170 and in this pregnancy which we have confirmed about 5 or 6 times she is a girl her heart beat is around 145 - 155 ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• heart rate has nothing to do with sex my first daugter was 165 but so was my nephews and my second daughters is around 145-160
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 10:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2009