bottle warmers

i was wondering how helpful are the bottles warmers are they worth getting or are they a waste of money

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i got one and never even used it
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i got one never used it so i returned it. i heard they take FOREVER to heat the bottle. my girlfriend said she heated one bottle and it took nearly a half hour! at 3 in the am i dont have that kind of time lol
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Waste.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Waste. I considered it, then decided against it.

.Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• waste of money... i never got one cause i heard from everyone that they are such a waste. i microwave. (i cant wait to hear how im a horrible mom for that)
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Big waste. I used one for the first few weeks of my son's life and it 6 minutes to warm 2 oz. while he screamed.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• LOL, I guess I'll be the only positive answer! Bottle warmers are usually for a comfort thing, but I had to switch from BF to FF, so I used a bottle warmer to ease the transition. I love it and still use it. My son son will take a bottle at room temp, but I can tell he prefers the warm. Oh, and it only takes about 2-3 min to heat a 9 oz bottle (though I will say it takes a little longer if you're putting liquid in it that was refrigerated, obviously ). It's The First Years bottle warmer, and the nice thing about it is you can put it in the room with the baby, because it will hold cold liquids. Anyway, its a personal decision as its really not all that necessary, again, just comfort. Oh, if you want to save the money though, what I do when I'm out and at someone else's house is take a glass measuring cup, put a little water in it, microwave to boiling, take it out and place the bottle in it for about 5-10 min until warm. HTH
    MyJoieDeVivre

Answer by MyJoieDeVivre at 1:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i had the same one was my joie and loved it, my first would not take bottle at rm temp for anything, this was a lifesaver for us, my second eh she doesnt care as long as we feed her she will take it just about anyway sorry off topic, i did like the bottlewarmer. it is a personal preference though.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 7:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2009