S@HM to full time job

So ive mostly been at stay at home mom for 7 years now, I worked part time when my oldest was a baby then worked as a nanny but i had my daughter with me then had my second baby went to school and worked part time at a daycare. Today is my 2nd day of work , i like working but i dunno i guess im not use to it. i am now working full time mon-fri 9-5 . I feel like stuff doesnt get done like the beds dont get made i cant plan for dinner ( i come home for lunch pull whatever out of the freezer) Bills have to wait to get paid . I dont get to pick my kids up from school basically i drop them off come home at 5:30 make dinner help with homework then they have bed. Has anyone else gone from s@hm to full time job? how long did it take you to adjust to it. And I know plently of mom and fathers work and its normal part of life its just big adjustment for everyone inculding me

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2012 in Money & Work

• Cherrie, check out flylady.net. It will be a big help to you in organizing your day.

Making beds? Who does that? **grin** Seriously, we don't bother because everyone is on a different schedule and five minutes after a bed is made someone unmakes it to sleep in it. Just not worth it. No one is inspecting my house, and no one worth being ever had "World's Greatest Housekeeper" on her tombstone.

I plan the week's meals on Saturday and write it on the calendar.

Automate your bills. Set up autopay trough your bank or on the websites of your creditors.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• It's just a question of organization. Plan all the meals of the week on saturday for instance so you can go grocery shopping for the whole week.
    You can make the beds in the morning before leaving or in the evening or better even your kids can do their bed (even if it's just to pull the sheets back in place).
    Pay your bills or some light housework or ironing once the kids are in bed at night.

It will get better. :) Good luck to you !
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 4:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Absolutely.... several times in my life. It's not easy. You need a well laid out plan to help you stay organized and on track. My daughter is a single mom of two. She works full time, comes home, makes dinner, homework, baths and bed..... that's it. It's a very tight schedule, but it has to be this way.... Play time is on weekends. Check out that site recommended above by gdiamante. I'm going to too.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• i was never a sahm mom so i ca not help with adjustments, but check out the website cozi.com i was unorganized for so long and this is really helping. i plan y meals a week ahead and in the morning i make sure that anything to be dethawed is out.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I. Ought be doing this soon, by choice. Dh is getting put on 3rd shift and it's perfe t timing to work. He will be home to get y dd from the bus I can work full time. But I'm afraid of all the makeup I'll have to do. I'm thinking hard lol good luck.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I am a single mom and I have always worked 40-60 hours a week. I know what you mean about the state of the house but you just have to change your tolerance for mess. You kinda have to decide it is important for the kitchen and bathrooms be clean but the toys and beds can just go. Another thing I do is make casseroles, quiche, baked chicken, zuchini or banana bread, soup -- these are good for quick dinners and lunches. It really makes the week alot less hectic. It is a big adjustment. I hated not being able to pick up my daughter right at 3. Things will get easier - just plan and work out a schedule that works for you. Good Luck!!
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2012