what are my children and parents rights not to speak to cps

when the police are the ones whocalled cps with possible legal charges could be filed against child by state

Michelle B.

Asked by Michelle B. at 2:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• that ^^^^
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• You would really need to talk to a lawyer about this. Or Google it.

But,, just like you do not have to let the police in your house without a warrant. You do not have to let them(CPS) in your house with out a warrant.

But it would be a good idea to let them in and look at your house. Will make the process quicker.

Answer by louise2 at 7:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• It would be best to do everything you can to prove your a good patent. Why not let them in your house? Or speak to them? Let them see & answer their questions.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• To be honest I feel I'm a good parent . Perfect no but wouldn't cooperating be much easier unless you have a legitimate reson to be worried?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I don't think the cops would get them involved if there wasn't a reason...
    you should cooperate with them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Could you explain the story a bit better? Are you the one in question, or is one of your children? Did your child molest someone etc? I feel that if there is nothing to hide you should cooperate,if ther is something to hide you should cooperate, Meaning if you kid needs help it is best to get it for them.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Children have no rights
    However you do and you should get a lawyer now. You may need one for you and the child seperately. Your parents do not hae o say anything to anyone without legal counsel present.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2012

• The police don't call CPS without just cause. So if I were you I'd be less worried about my rights, and more worried about doing what I have to do to raise my children in a safe healthy environment. Get off the internet and get your shit straight.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Do NOT let them in. I don't care if you, or anyone else feels they have nothing to hide. That is just asking for more trouble. KNOW your rights!

Anonymous

• It also causes more trouble if you do not let them in call your lawyer and let them in.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2012