tired?

I'm an at home mom, and do all the night time stuff coz i'm breastfeeding my 6 month old.. he's never even been baby sat, so i have been completely on for 6 months straight, i run the house etc. i usually take a 30 min nap in the afternoon with the baby if i can... but even still... i'm always tired, no matter what i do. Is this normal, i heard its from the breastfeeding, but i just think i'm too tired.. anyone know what i mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you depressed? That could be the case.
    Anonymous

• i know exactly what you mean. it seems like im always soooo tired. my son is 2 now but still wakes up at least 2 times a night. hes small in weight so his drs have told me to keep waking him up and giving him milk so it will help him gain. but its so exhausting. we moved away from family bc my husband is in the airforce so we dont have anyone to give us a break either (and i dont trust just anyone with my baby). his dad works nights so its all up to me. i know exactly how you feel though momma. also have you had your iron checked bc it will make you tired too if its low.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I breastfeed too and always feel run down. I started taking my prenatals again and that seemed to perk me up pretty good. Also try working out a couple times a week at least. At first it'l make you more tired but after a week the endorphins will kick in and you'll feel much more energized!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 7:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My kids are 35 mos. and 18 mos.

...and I'm STILL tired. LOL

Seriously, though, breastfeeding takes a lot of your body's energy. The first year alone is an energy zapper, but you add breastfeeding to that, and....yeah, you're going to be tired a lot.

How much sleep are you getting at night? Is your baby sleeping through the night yet? What's your diet like?

Maybe you should enlist some help during the day a couple of times a week so you can get things done during the day and not feel so run-down. Its important that you take care of yourself and well as your baby....you're not much good to him all tired and run-down all the time.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I doubt this is your case but I felt really tired all the time...but i also barely did anything..then once i started exercising and eating veggies i got a lot of energy back. I also take prenatal vitamens and i am on zolof too. If you get too worried talk to your doctor they can always help you figure what could be wrong.
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I feel that way too, but for me it's part of my postpartum depression. You should talk to a dr you might have it too. I wish you well and hope and pray that you're just tired and it's not PPD cause it is definately hard to deal with :(
    Anonymous