How did you make your decision on to not have anymore kids? Or to have more? ...

I was just thinking how people come to the conclusion that they're totally done having children? Or to have more kids? And why you made the decision? And what age you said your LAST would be?

sorry these are alot of questions , im just wondering...

i really dont know when we'll be done , i want 4 w/ my current bf , we have 1 now. we made the decision bc we both said we want that many. my last idk .... idk wen itll be lol

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 6:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My baby never slept through the night so it wasn't even an option. She finally slept through the night when she was 5. So then I was ready to have more, but never did get my i.u.d out. So that was it. lol
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Well I was 25yo. With two DD's by two different men. Wanted a son, but was to afraid I was going to have another girl. And really really didn't want another girl. So I went and had a tuba-ligation. If it would have been a guarantee I would have had a boy the third time I would have did it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• At first I wanted a bunch and to stay at home. But when I had my daughter at age 21, I really could not stand being at home all freakin day doing chores and playing goo goo ga ga. I sort of resented my husband for 'getting' to go to work and hang out with adults all day. We didn't like sleepless nights and finding sitters to go out. Don't get me wrong, we love her, but we were waaaaaaaaaaay too young to have a baby. So we weren't going to have anymore, but I accidentally got pregnant a few years later and THAT'S when we decided my husband would get fixed. Again, not a huge fan of sleepless nights, shitty diapers, whining, crying etc etc we're NOT having anymore wooooooooooooo!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• we didnt want a huge family to begin with my fiance is an only child and i am the oldest of four.....so we wanted at least two but we werent planning on them so close together lol but we decided we were done after two i want my tubes tied but i am not allowed to until i am 25 according to the state of washington
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• When my husband and I were having a family it was a big thing to only replace yourself in the world population, and we had decided to just have two in order to not contribute to overpopulation. When we'd had our two, we discussed it, and decided that we felt comfortable that we could afford to send two to college and to have money in case of unforeseen problems, which as it turns out we did have.

Answer by Bmat at 7:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I had three children two boys and a girl, and was content with that, choosing not to have more. Well, eight months after my baby was born I found out we were having another one. I was stressed, crying, scared, spread thin and not ready. I took it really hard. Of course, when she was born I looked at her and thought"wow, she's beautiful, I guess I wasn't done"then I had a tubal ligation the next day.....my pregnancies were getting harder and harder and I just knew in my heart it was better. I've got my hands full, but I'm happy.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My husband has two boys, one with his first wife and one with a former girlfriend. I have one boy from a previous relationship. His oldest was 12, mine was 8, and the youngest was 4 when we got engaged. We discussed it and neither of us wanted any more kids. Three boys is enough for us. So it was just a matter of which one of us had the procedure done. He did it because the recovery time was less for him and he had insurance.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 7:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I only wanted two in the first place, spaced about three years apart. But when the time came to try again, DH was laid off from his job. By the time he was working full time again (18 months later) we decided we really weren't in a position to start over again with another newborn.

So we were done at one. And I'm fine with that.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I don't think I ever had a set number. I had my first at 19 and my last at 40. I have five all together from 23 on down to 2. I knew after having my last two who are now 2 and 3 that I was done. I am soooo over the baby thing. I will be raising my kids well into my 60's and I feel it will take all the energy I have to get the job done correctly. I don't want my young ones to think of us as old parents.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2009