Has anyone had ink Cartridges filled by Walgreen's?

I have A Lexmark 1200 Series Printer! I paid $38.00 for it! But new ink wil be like $50.00! Last time I bought A #27 & #17 it still said low when they were correctly installed! That made me unhappy! So Does Walgreens fill them Well? Or inkinablink? Any suggestions? Thanks you in Advance for your replies!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Shopping

• We have a Lexmark X73 and I tried to refill the black cartridge at Walgreens just last month. They had a sale for refills, I think for $5 or $10 - which I thought was a bargain, compared to buying new. When I went to pick it up, the guy said it didn't work - he really didn't explain why, but they couldn't refill it so I had to buy a new one for $40!! He said when this one ran out that I should come back and they would try to refil it. I'll try again and see what happens.
    KellyRene829

Answer by KellyRene829 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I have done a refill at walgreens and it didn't last nearly as long as when I bought them new. I wouldn't go back and do it again.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 8:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I am a store manager of a retail womens clothing store and need to print out all the emails everyday. We ALWAYS get our ink filled at the Walgreens arcoss the street. Usually we get it filled once a month, which is GREAT considering its a business computer and we print out alot on that printer. It only costs around 10 bucks.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i work at a print shop n i love to get our inks refilled at walgreens helps a lot!!
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 2:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• When you take your empty cartridge in to Walgreens they can't PROMISE that they can fill it and that it will take. Sometimes the cartridge can't be refilled for various reasons, that I'm not sure of. But your options are A) They CAN fill it and it only costs $10 or B) they weren't able to fill it, so you have to buy the ink cartridge that you would have had to buy anyways.
    We take a lot of ink cartridges in. I would say that we have had 80% success with getting them refilled. When they do refill them, they work great.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2009