What pain meds did you use? Other then epidoral & natural.

I am allergic to the narcotic in epidoral & want to know what other pain meds you ladies have used for birth that work just as good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you would have to ask your dr what you can take or be given because most of the other things they would give you arent a longer lasting drug... and if your allergic to something then your dr would be the best person to ask ... good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Well warm water in a shower was the best for me and I know you said not natural, but that was way better then my first in which I got an epi. My second was almost orgasmic sitting in the shower with the warm water up until I felt the urge to push and then I squatted on the bed and pushed that little guy out in 2 pushes.
    Anonymous

• Stadol, it was HORRID. I will be doing it natural this time, I'm allergic to stadol and because of the reaction I had I ended up getting an epidural.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 8:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I am allergic to one of the medications used in common epidurals. my anasthesiologist was actually able to reformulate it so that I could still receiver one. it worked wonderfully! Ask for an anasthesia consult prior to going into labor if you are still interested in getting one. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2009