Is there candy for kids who are allergic to eggs, dairy and nuts?

jenndear

Asked by jenndear at 7:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• The only thing I can think of is lolly pops or hard candies. Unless you make your own and substitute the ingredients you can't use.

Sorry, not much help.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 7:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• You might want to try a health food store that carries items like the whole grains, gluten-free flours, etc. They might have candy, or at least be knowledgeable aout what you can do. Even Giant Eagle grocery stores have a "healthy" section where you can buy this type of stuff.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 8:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i had a friend whose son was allergic to all of these too.. he mostly had lollipops, hard candies, some chew candies such as sour bursts??? some gum.. but then his allergies were not too bad to these. his worst was protien...
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• skittles, nerds, sweet tarts, smarties, starbursts, suckers, tootsie rolls....my son has the same allergies =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• What about Japanese rice candy? You know...the kind with the edible rice paper. I can't be sure, but I don't think it contains any of those ingredients.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My daughter is allergic to all the same things as well, she eats Baby bottle pops and chuckles. Also old fashioned hard peppermints.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2009