Tastefully simple consultants

I'm thinking of becoming a Tastefully Simple Consultant. I'm just wondering if it's worth the cost of the starter package. We're pretty tight on money at the momment, and I'm just wondering what kind of sales figures (on average), I'd be seeing. Thanks.

amille

Asked by amille at 7:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• With direct sales like this, you have to consider the economy right now... People are not wanting to spend a lot of money outside of immediate expenses. I would think about it before I forked out the money.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I am in direct sales, not with Tastefully Simple, but I have not had a problem with the economy. Of course there are people that are not going to buy but who knows if they are the same people that wouldn't buy in a good economy. Before I started I asked my family and friends if I started something like this would they buy from me. I had some that said no but a few that said yes so I went for it. I am so glad I did. I have business coming from all directions right now. If you believe you can do it you can.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I used to be a Tastefully Simple consultant a few years ago. The starter kit is worth it, if you are going to have parties. This is the best way to get your business going.
    I think there is enough samples for 4 parties or something like that.
    I like in southern california and I found a lot of people where concerned about the salt content or the calories; and there were some who just won't pay for good tasting products that would allow them to prepare food at home.
    Personally I like the products a lot but the party wasn't for me. I work full-time and the preparation and the party time was more time away from home.
    I think it is a great opportunity. I don't know if people will splurge a little more to have nice food at home, if they are spending less eating out...
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It depends on your area, my area is not a good area for that. You have to buy extra groceries for your parties, you will need food to dip etc.. meat to use the spices on. If you are really looking for a job, amybe even free job training vist HomeCareerSuccess.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• irqivet wife is wrong...you do not need all that for your parties, you do not even sample spices at parties or at least your not suppose to, I live in MI where the economy is the worse in the US and I do not have a problem at all with my TS biz, I love it, you do not need food to dip with but a bag of chips, and you use the beer bread that comes in the kits, so if this is something that she is doing or someone she knows is doing they are NOT doing what they are suppose to do.
    sammiemommy

Answer by sammiemommy at 9:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Hi there. I am a Tastefully Simple Team Leader and I love my business. The blast off kit is amazing. It has everything that you need to do your first 4+ parties in addition to more than $100 in products for your display. Right now we are in the transition to the Spring summer so I would urge you to make your decision to start later in this month because then you will be assured to receive the new materials. I think this is available to new consultants in the next few days. Also Tastefully Simple has an amazing new incentive to get started. When you sign up with Tastefully Simply by 2/27 and put in your activating order by 3/13 Tastefully Simple will reward you with a prepaid visa card for $114. The blast off kit is $170 or 3 payments of $56.66. If you do this incentive you would essentially get started and have more than $100 in food for just $56.66. To me that is a great deal!
    HeidiConnell

Answer by HeidiConnell at 4:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I too am a Team Leader with Tastefully Simple and I love love love it. Right now is the best time to do a direct sales company especially Tastefully Simple. We only sell to people who eat and actually the economy has been helpful to me. People aren't willing to spend $40-$50 eating out but they are willing to spend that same amount in products to help them make delicious tasting food at home. Its all in how you present it. If you do sign up I highly encourage you to learn about your product and different recipes you can use it in and show them the versatility of it all. I just went to regional conference and learned so much especially that Tastefully Simple is a debt-free company. I started out with my business just wanting it for the discount and now I have a team, make my husbands truck payment every month and took the kids to Disneyland last spring. Its all about the effort you are willing to put into it.
    momofjems

Answer by momofjems at 7:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009