Have you noticed that some people just have to be in a relationship?

Like some movie stars (jennifer Lopez) within a couple of weeks they have someone new. I knew a girl like this in college. She was hardly ever without a boyfriend. It was crazy. She always had so much drama in her life. I don't think she even enjoyed college because something was always going on... Domestic violence, abortion, STDs

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2012 in Relationships

• My sister is like that. She was in an abusive marriage for 22 years. Finally had enough and divorced his ass. Three months later she was dating again.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I've known a few, and felt sorry for them.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Maybe they just don't like to be lonely. I think if I were to ever find myself single again, I wouldn't jump into a full relationship right away but I'd probably want to casually date as soon as possible. It's not that I couldn't be independent but IMO life isn't fun without somewhere to share it with, and I don't have any single girlfriends to fill that void. But the DV and abuse is a different story!!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Yes, co-dependent and afraid to be alone.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Yep, I have a friend like that....very sad.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I have more family members and friends who are chronically NOT in relationships who wish they were - just don't seem to know how to connect to a partner and if they happen to get a boyfriend or girlfriend, the person ends up breaking up with them.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• yes, i think those people obviously are insecure about being alone to figure out who they are, but that's why relationships are so complicated, because we don't know the whole situation on why they go to a new relationship so quickly, only they can truly answer that one.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Yes- and I have tried to teach my daughter from day one-that she needs to find happiness on her own and NOT with another person. She has friends like this-
    I think it's sad -honestly
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I'm like that. But not in a drama-filled way. I just always seem to find someone. Although after my hubby is gone there will be no more.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Oh yes... they just don't want to be alone or it' convent...
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 3:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2012