When You Travel By Plane Do You Get A Choice Of Pat Down Or Scan?

For that reason I will not travel by plane any longer cant stand to be felt up or go through that scan. If I do travel it will be by train , ship or car.

mto3821

Asked by mto3821 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2012 in Travel

• When I traveled in February it was the scan only. No one mentioned a choice. I would not have let them touch me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I weighed the options a few weeks ago when I flew for the first time since 2007. The scan wasn't a big deal.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I fly often and most airports have the scan, I don't mind the scan at all.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 1:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• If your choice is a pat down they will do it.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 1:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I would opt for the pat down I believe. I haven't been on a plane in years!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I have went through the new scanner going to Italy. It was not a big deal. Easier then getting a pat down. I have went through the old scanner/metal detector.   I am like this as long as you do everything you are told.  take your shoes off. Everything out of your pockets. Belt off, jewelry/watch off arms,  Take you computer out of your carry on.  You go threw without a hitch.  I only go stoped once comming back. Because we had stuff we bought in Italy in our carry ons.

They do not ask you what you want to do. They expect you to go threw machine with the others.  You have to tell them you refuse to go threw the machine.  Then they will do a pat down.  You have to get checked.

Answer by louise2 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I took the kids to Israel this summer and we just went through the detectors, we never had to do a scan. I made sure everyone was wearing easy off/on shoes, and did everything else that we were told. It was easy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I understand the pat down but why would the scan bother you?
    Anyway I haven't flown in yearsso have no idea if you have a choice.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I doubt they are getting a thrill off any one scan. Are you that worried about some one seeing you naked?

Answer by louise2 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Because I have a little one I've never had to be scanned...actually I've never been patted down either (with a toddler in my arms). We (hubby, DD and I) get to cut to the front of the line and simply walk through the metal detector and we're on our way!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 3:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2012