Am I doing the right thing??

Ok so my daughter is now 3 months old! Yay! LoL Ok so I am tryin the whole let the baby sleep in a crib thing. Last night we laid her down around 7:30 and she slept till 2:00am, I then went in and got her and brought her to bed so I could BF her and go back to sleep myself. So tonight, I just laid her down again (awake) turned her mobile on and a nightlight and shut her door and went about my business, in 10 mins she was asleep. I am hoping she sleeps for awhile again. So am I doing the right thing by letting her go to sleep in her own room already?? I have a monitor on, and I check on her like once a hour or so.

MrsStanley22

Asked by MrsStanley22 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah it is fine as long as you have the monitor. I share a room with my now 6 month old boy but i put him to bed prob. 1-3 hours before i go to sleep. Congrats on making it to 3 months!
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My babies were sleeping in their own beds at about 2 months. I never could get into the whole sharing my bed (which isn't recommended anyways) with my kids.

If she's sleeping fine and seems content, then I'd say you're doing fine.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Yes! You want her to be able to sleep on her own and it's good to put her in there while she's still awake and knows where she is when she wakes up! That's awesome that she can fall asleep on her own at so young.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• yes. its great that she is able to put herself to sleep on her own. great job!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My Twins slept in their own bed the second night home from the hospital. They have never had a problem going to bed in their own crib at bed time. The younger you start the easier it is.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 8:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Mine were in their own room/bed from the beginning..so I'm going to vote you're doing fine! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• YES! It is very important for a baby to develop good sleeping patterns. That and the also learn to self-soothe themselves to sleep so if they wake up in the middle of the night, they can go back to sleep without you having to comfort them back to sleep!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• YES YES YES!!! :) :) :)
    #1 she will have the ability to not NEED to sleep with you which gets really annoying when they are toddlers LOL
    #2 Mommy could use the extra sleep from having baby in the other room. A better rested mommy makes for a happy mommy which means baby is better taken care of during the day.
    Anonymous

• My son never slept with me at night sometimes i fall asleep with him during naps but what your doing is absolutely fine!!
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 9:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• OMG YOU ARE SO LUCKY! I have a seven week old, and my husband won't let me put him in his own room to sleep. We bought a three bedroom house just so HE WOULD HAVE HIS OWN ROOM! It's getting on my nerves! I want him to sleep in his own room soooo badly. I think they should sleep in their own room from the start, but that's just me. And yes, like they are all saying, you should have the monitors on, no need to go crazy with the freedom. Good job, and good luck!
    KingLandon

Answer by KingLandon at 9:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2009