Babysitting- problem with the mother

I babysit a two year old girl Monday -Thursday. She didn't work on Monday she was out of town. Well sometimes if she misses a day through the week they let her make it up on her Friday off. Well I had plans to go to the dr with my dh, possible bipolar. Well she is mad because I won't be home until at least 10. Number 1 I had already made these plans. The only reason she told me this morning was because I asked. It's like I am supposed to be here even on my days off just in case she needs me, WTF? Sorry, vent over.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2012 in Money & Work

• No, you have set hours.... that's her problem, not yours.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• No you are contracted M-T and she should pay you for those days regardless of whether she uses them or not.
    IF you are willing to substitute a day it would be as you see fit. It is HER obligation to make arangements with you ahead of time unless you have a standing agreement that if sh misses a day you willbe available that Friday in case.
    She is out of line.
    You need to go over you "contract" with her.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Well sometimes if she misses a day through the week they let her make it up on her Friday off.

^^  Stop doing this.  ^^

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• You are being nice to allow her to make up a day,, I would write in the contract Mon-Thursday _____ amount,, don't let her make up the days she is off anymore,, I am sure you are not getting rich over this, so go to the doctor with your hubbs and draw up a contract this weekend.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Honestly, I'd have a chat with this woman and I'd tell her that your own priorities are just as important to you as hers are to her. That would include your days off and whatever plans you have on those days off. She needs to respect the boundaries unless you talked about this being an ongoing possibility of filling in on alternate days or signed a contract. Not cool.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• I agree with jean claudia.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2012