Show downs??

I feel like showdowns are a way to see who child is cuter then another baby. The mother " who does not win" feels like there kid has lost, and there are woman out there that think there kids are ugly. I dont like them at all. It's away to compare childern and Husbands and even your own pictures! I really think Show downs are a way to insult one mother in different ways. How do you feel about them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i kinda feel the same way
    Anonymous

• I feel that if you can't look at as a "just for fun" type of thing then you don't need to use them.
    Lots of mothers (it should be all) do not feel like their child is ugly if they do not win. they know it's a game. They know it's for fun. It's not a big deal.
    Sensitive people who can't handle something like that do not need to enter the showdowns.
    Anonymous

• I started doing them at one point and they were fun to me. I only did a few however and read a post about how it was wrong to do it and once I started thinking about it, I too realized that it is pretty mean and rotten to compete and see who is cuter or better looking, so I stopped. However, sometimes I do still look at them and vote because people are different and the ones who have tons going on and have been doing them for a while obviously enjoy them and want people to vote.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I have entered the showdowns, I have some going now, it just cracks me up some of the ones that win!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It's a way to COMPARE.. It's never right to compare one child over another, same with husbands. Either way one will get hurt.. So comparing childern.. Not the greatest thing to do..
    Anonymous

• I couldn't Pick! I agree!! I go with the old Saying: There is only one Beautiful Baby & everyone Mother has one!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I don't think it's a big deal. I did one showdown, my son lost. However, I know my son is just the cutest thing ever. And just because people on cafemom.com don't think so doesn't mean he's not. Some pictures are better than others. One little smile, a hair in a certain position, dimples, or anything small like that can make one kid look absolutely darling and in another picture the other child can look just as great and could win. So people shouldn't take it to a personal level.
    Anonymous

• i have seen some hubby pics on the showdowns that i would not want to stare at for the rest of my life as their wife... But just cuz i pick one of them in a show down doesn't mean that i want to marry them either! we all have bragging rights about our family. And we love them for who they are not what they look like or what others think of them... Most people think my SO is ugly- i think he is very handsome but man is he an a$$hole!
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 9:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• its just for fun don't like it don't play
    Anonymous