Anyone ever had contractions at 34 weeks?

I lost my mucus plug on tuesday, i then started having these contractions. I was given tributiline to stop them. I began having them again and they are painful! I laid on my side im drinking plenty of water i dont know what to do. And yes i have been to the doctor since tuesday just to get sent back home.

rnae

Asked by rnae at 8:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if they are getting closer together then you need to go to the ER because you are in labor
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I did go to ER . They gave me water and had me lay on my side. I was countracting between 3 to 5 min apart i have dialated a finger tip she said. After being there for 2 hours nothing changed so they sent me home.
    rnae

Answer by rnae at 8:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I started labor at 35 weeks. I went to the hospital to be monitored and they gave me a shot of something to stop labor. I don't recommend that shot... speeds up your heart like you're running a marathon and you feel like you can't breathe... the second time I went into premature labor (a couple days later) they put me on the pill form. I ended up going into hard labor and delivering at 38 weeks. (37-42 weeks=fullterm)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I started having contractions at 30 weeks. I continued to have them until I delivered at 39 weeks. I was in the hospital the whole time, being monitored.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 8:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• They may be BH contractions.

BH contractions can also be uncomfortable or painful.

I started having pre-term labor a 33 weeks with my youngest. I went to the ER and was checked out. After 2 hrs. of being hooked up to that dang monitor, I thought they were gonna let me go home.
    Fat chance.
    They admitted me to the high-risk unit and continued to monitor me for the next 24 hrs. then sent me home with two prescriptions (one was Brethine, and I forgot the other).

You could very well be having contractions but not LABOR contractions, so that's why they sent you home. Just try to take it easy for the night, and if its still going on in the morning, call your doctor or go to the ER.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i delivered my 2nd son at 34 weeks. hes healthy.
    Anonymous

• I had contractions with my daughter from 30 weeks...ended up in the er numerous times and got the terbutiline shots...yick...but only ended up delivering her 5 days early. This baby I've been having contractions since 28 weeks, 35 now and still doing well. Good luck! Follow their tips and go in ifyou are having mroe than 4 and hour.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2009