Do you think having sextuplets beginning to take popularity?

I'm curious because there are many stories now on women having several children at once. I'm not speaking of anyone in particualr before I get bashed. I noticed a growing trend now that is all. What do you think?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 8:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• not having sextuplets per say but the use of fertility doctors has increased dramatically. OMG I didn't get pregnant after 6 months of trying! lets go get invetro or those injections to increase ovulation! my SIL went and started getting the injections soon after marriage, not even trying before going to the doc. People have forgot that getting pregnant is really a miracle and takes time, but they just want it NOW and do anything to get that baby NOW.
    Anonymous

• I get that people want to have kids so they turn to infertility but holy crap.. they need to think about it before they end up with that many kids... I definitely can see a trend happening and I honestly think people are trying to outdo each other or trying to get fame for it. I understand that people want their own kids and everything but I think it would be better to adopt a child that is already here than overpopulating the world with sextuplets just because they wanted a baby.
    Anonymous

• Oh, I've noticed. Actually, my youngest daughter is partially named for one of the Dilly sextuplets that were born around the same time as she was---fourteen years ago! Her name was Brenna. My daughter's name is Brinna. (Just stayed in my subconscious, I guess).
    I do think that if people can't have children naturally, that adoption should be considered. Even if you get pregnant with in vitro, the various complications become more pronounced, with the babies and the mother, especially the older you are.
    goldenruler

Answer by goldenruler at 12:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I think we need to be a bit more responsible when it comes to fertility treatment. Doctors and mothers know that there is a chance all of the embryo's may take. There are complications and health risks to be considered for both mother and child/children. There is financial responsibility. Who is footing the medical bills and the care after they are born? It is wrong to just assume the community you live in will donate everything from time to cars and homes. I would NEVR begrudge a woman the experience of motherhood. My heart bleeds for those who want children and are having a hard time getting pregnant. I just think that one should proceed with caution when seeking fertility treatments...make sure you are educated and financially responsible for the outcome.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2009