UPDATE on the phone call from school... omg, adult content

So, we had a long long talk when he got home,, he thought "coochie" meant a belly button, this is what he was told by a 4th grader,, I explained that it is a bad word for vagina, they (the teacher) told him he could go to jail for sexual harrassment, for saying the word.

He has bawled for about 2 hours, and understands (and is worried he hurt his friend's feelings) that this is NOT a thing you should say,

I am proud to be his momma, he didn't want to "rat" the older boy out, I now have the name of who put him up to asking the question, but a long, long day for a 7 year old.

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 7:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2012 in General Parenting

• they (the teacher) told him he could go to jail for sexual harrassment, for saying the word.
    DAFUQ

Oh- Sweetie!
    I would soooo call someone and try to have that put on the biotch's permanent record. That is sooooo wrong.
    Hope the rest of the week is better for you and the kid.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• they told him he could go to jail for sexual harassment?? what the fuck???

(and i rarely spell that out. lol) but, what the fuck??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Poor baby. The teacher did such a horrible job handling that. What a bunch of BS!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Oh, hug that baby for me! That's awful. I didn't even know coochie meant vagina!! I mean, then why do we say "coochie, choochie coo" to babies? Seriously, this is ridiculous, and to tell a 7 year old he could go to jail for this is outrageous!

One of my sons got in trouble for trying to kiss other kids in kindergarten. I understood that he had to learn boundaries, but I thought it was ridiculous when they told me it was sexual harassment, really? He's five and he wants to kiss people.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• haha..great minds, feral!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Oh, good grief! Way for the teacher to over react! Last year, the first graders were going around the playground playing a game and yelling 'pussy cats" and/or pussy to each other. They didn't realize what they were saying so the teachers took the time to explain that the word is inappropriate to use.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Ya, this thing about telling a second grader he can go to jail is taking things too far. It's absurd.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Awwww, he didn't know what it meant, poor baby. I'm sure the teacher scared him to death.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• ^that teacher needs to be scared to death. what an freaking idiot she must be.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2012