Are our efforts to help the planet the most effective?

This is very interesting. I grant you, it's one man's expertise but it's worth a look. This especially if you live in a city where they've banned bags, pushed public transit, etc...We've been told one thing but this states another.

http://cascade.uoregon.edu/fall2012/expert/expert-article/

I don't know where to put this...

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 7:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2012 in Home & Garden

• It does not take me anywhere.  Would you please check the URL?

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• You are right, I can't figure out how to make this stupid thing work. The link button won't work. I had to copy it into another window. : (
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• he makes sense to me. i had to snicker at his comment about 'having one less child' (diaper wars). lol..that would go over so well on CM!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Here's the clicky for you ~ I'll answer below.

Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• plastic ~ paper ~ cloth - I used plastic bags for crafty type rugs, braided totes, etc. My cloth bags are made of canvas, not cotton, and when they wear out they get torn into strips for rag rugs.

Coffee in foam cups tastes like crap. I've had the same ceramic mug for over 14 years (I've given up gluing the handle back on, but I love the scene on it).

Maybe his dogs are running up a footprint eating crappykibble ~ mine eat meat. Meat that I raise and ALSO eat. The poop from my meat/dairy animals feeds my garden and fuels the worms I grow to feed my poultry. All of my animals eat whole grains, grass, and fresh plants/produce.

Sorry ~ I'm no fan of city apologists. Most likely he wouldn't know the difference between a tomato and a carrot plant, how to wire up a solar panel (or make his own solar water heater), or do more than pace frantically until the electric came back on. How about banning cities instead of kids?
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2012