• In the Spotlight:

OMG... is this true? (c-section)

My Hubby can't be in the room while they give me my spinal? I'll die without holding his hand.... I'm already so scared and that will make it worse

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is true. they don't let the SO in the room during the prep work such as the meds and getting you strapped to the table.
    Anonymous

• Its true i have had 2 csections and neither time was my husband allowed in the room he waits in the hallway till they are doen then they go get him.
    shames85

Answer by shames85 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Hmm when I had my epidural (which I think is similar to a spinal) everyone was allowed to stay in the room. I promise the thought is scarier than the actual thing. It hurts no worse than any other shot. A slight burning/tingly feeling when the medicine goes in but thats it. In all honesty, the contractions hurt so bad that the epidural didn't even compare (not trying to scare you or anything... sorry if I did) Once I got the epidural, I slept until I was ready to push... it was amazing!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• :o( OMG.... I'm going to be so nervous.....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• They wouldn't let my hubby in the room for the spinal for all three of my c's in two different hospitals. It wasn't so bad, though. It does hurt, I won't lie, but it doesn't last long, and the nurses and doctors (in my experience) have always been wonderfully caring and compassionate. Just think of the beautiful baby that you will be holding at the end of it all.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• They won't let him in there. A nurse will hold your hand, they held mine when I had mine done. Just take a deep breath and it'll all be okay.
    Anonymous

• It's true and trust me it's for the best. If my husband had witnessed the hold the nurse had on me so that the anesticiologist could get to my spinal correctly, he would have flipped. It doesn't hurt at all, it just looks a lot worse.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 8:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• alinker... I think you are confused :) she didn't ask about epidurals with vaginal birth, but the epidural/spinal block they give you for a csection. you pushed, you didn't have a csection :) different set of rules for vaginal birth than with csection.
    Anonymous

• alin- Yes, but I won't be having contractions and wont be in any other pain!! Ekk...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Yeah, they don't allow anyone but the staff in the room when you're recieving your spinal or epi.

You'll be fine...I have VERY supportive nurses who held my hand through the whole thing, and as soon as it was done, my family was allowed back in.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2009