Will you give us your input?

My friend and I have done a lot of work to our website and would like to know if the site is easy to navigate and read. We'd also like to know if there's things we may have left out or things we can add to improve it.

http://www.freewebs.com/everythingstamped/

Thanks for looking!!!

(crafting site)

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I found your site very easy to navigate.
    Your products are beautiful.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 8:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I think it looks great. It is easy to navigate, and user friendly. It looks very professional. The only thing that I noticed was that you do not tell the customer what payment options you offer. Excellent job ladies.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• THANK YOU GIRLS!!!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Love the products! Don't love the page so much. BIGGEST piece of advice.....BUY the domain name!!!! You won't regret it. ( I did a web search for "Everything stamped"... did not pull up your page.... so I did a web search for "Everythingstamped"..... still it did not pull up your page. You really want people to find you.

I was about to order some stationary.. but I wanted to click on the pic of the stationary and see a closer pic, color choices, options, etc. There looks like a 'verse' or something written on the front of the stationary cover....what does it say?? I like to see things is great detail before I buy. But wow, I still love the products!! Keep working on it and you may be shipping stuff to my house!! I put your website in favorites.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I think it is cute

HOWEVER:
    Now here we are trying to sell our handmade creations to you!

Take out the word TRYING, and just add and now here we are offering our handmade creations to you!

TRYING makes you sound desperate, and it is not very good business etiquette!!!

Other than that I think it is lovely!!!

heavens1stlight

Answer by heavens1stlight at 9:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Thanks PaceMyself and Heavens! We're working on the photo thingy right now and were discussing domains earlier today :) I saw what you were referring to Heavens and I changed it, lol. That was my friend's intro and I missed it!

THANK YOU ALL! It's greatly appreciated!! Really!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I think it's a great idea, and really easy to navigate. One suggestion I would have is that you and your friend should draw some of your own "stamps", like little doodles, flowers, animals etc... doodles and "messy" sketches are really in right now.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 12:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• http://everythingstamped.webs.com/
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Cont.

Why not post the price right underneath the pics? I hate to have to read through stuff just to find the price. If I like what I see, I would like to know how much it is right away. Post a set price - avoid the "start at $2.00 and go up depending on how much time is spent and how many different embellishments......." You can always add a "custom orders available upon request" notation.

Can you add a PayPal button? Like a "Buy Now"? Is there a minimum order on the gift tags?

Overall, I didn't like having to navigate to the photo gallery just to see the one item I was interested in. Also, didn't care for no set prices. Why all the white area on the right hand side?

You have really nice items and the prices are very reasonable. I think after tweaking your site a bit, you'll start recieving a better a flow of potentials. Good luck!

*Don't take this critizism personally, use it as motivation! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Domain name is a must. Free websites always look unprofessional. Invest in a hosting service. Your site will look way more professional. OR if you have the time, do it yourself:
    ABC's of Building a Website (free, awesome how-to)

Keep all the "fluff" to a minimum or on one page, like the "about us". Let your work speak for itself. I don't need to know that lots of time and energy are put into it.

Consider doing thumbnail pictures right on the page they first appear, instead of sending your potential customers to a photo gallery. No one likes to have to wait for pictures to come up.

Cont.
    Anonymous