Postpartum go away.....

I have going through postpartum and since i didnt have any with my first child i thought it would just go away anyone got any advice

shames85

Asked by shames85 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Health

• If it gets bad go talk to a doctor.

There are things you can do. Increase the amount of time you spend in sunlight (even just going for a stroll helps). Find a hobby you really enjoy and give yourself time for it. Or give yourself time to pamper yourself (bubble bath by candle light for example).

You can also take St. John's Worth (only if you're not already on an anti-depressant as that will cause you to OD). If you're breastfeeding then I would do research to make sure it's safe (I never used it while preggers or nursing so I don't know).

*hugs* Feel better hon.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Talk to your doctor. And other moms who have gone/are going through something similar. But most importantly your doctor. Hope you're doing better soon.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Find someone going through the same thing to talk to. She will be able to understand you better than anyone. Talk to your SO/DH about it and definately a dr. I waited 3 1/2 months before I told anyone. if you'd like you can always talk to me. I have been dealing with it for 5 months now. :(
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 9:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• talk to a counselor if you dont want to take medication
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2009