how can I get him to accept a sippy cup?

Does anyone have any tips on how to get an almost 9 month old to try out a sippy cup? What brand has worked well as a "first" for everyone? My son is going to have to say "bye bye" to his bottle at a year so I really want him to take to a cup now.

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son use nuby straw sippy cup.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• my little girl would only use the sippy cups with the soft spout that had the feel of a bottle nipple. once she was used to those I was able to move onto better ones.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• the first ones I used where the Nuby soft silicon spout ones. it was a good transition from bottle to sippy. felt like bottle but worked like sippy.
    Anonymous

• We use a combination of the nuby and fisher price. I prefer the fisher price b/c they don't leak when turned upside down and they come with a lid. They are pressure activated which makes them similar to a bottle, but more like a sippy. They have a soft silicone spout and my little one took to them before she was 6 months old.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2009