Crib Help

My 5 month old won't sleep in his crib? As soon as I lay him down he starts crying

Jgreg

Asked by Jgreg at 9:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to make sure that he is drowsy when you put him down. Otherwise you can let him cry for a few and then go back in a check on him. I am a proponent of this, but others aren't. You have to train them to sleep where you want them to. My DD was sleeping in her bed at 2 weeks old. We did it in slow steps though. We put her in her Moses basket in the crib and after a week or so we took her out of the basket and let her sleep in her bed. This way she was already familiar with the setting.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• My daughter hated her crib too... turns out she was claustrophobic After that we put her in a playpen (the old style ones from back in the day) and she slept perfectly!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Yeah- that's why I never used a crib. Hated the crying. Apparently it does stop.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• my non sleeping, non reflux, post colic child was the same way - he slept in his swing from 5 months to 8 months - then converted "FINE" to hs crib after than -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• how do you feel about co- sleeping?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• i toss and turn to much

Jgreg

Comment by Jgreg (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2012