Crib Help

My 5 month old won't sleep in his crib? As soon as I lay him down he starts crying

Asked by Jgreg at 9:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to make sure that he is drowsy when you put him down. Otherwise you can let him cry for a few and then go back in a check on him. I am a proponent of this, but others aren't. You have to train them to sleep where you want them to. My DD was sleeping in her bed at 2 weeks old. We did it in slow steps though. We put her in her Moses basket in the crib and after a week or so we took her out of the basket and let her sleep in her bed. This way she was already familiar with the setting.

Answer by coala at 9:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• My daughter hated her crib too... turns out she was claustrophobic After that we put her in a playpen (the old style ones from back in the day) and she slept perfectly!

Answer by m-avi at 9:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• Yeah- that's why I never used a crib. Hated the crying. Apparently it does stop.

Answer by staciandababy at 9:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• my non sleeping, non reflux, post colic child was the same way - he slept in his swing from 5 months to 8 months - then converted "FINE" to hs crib after than -

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• how do you feel about co- sleeping?

Answer by feralxat at 10:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• i toss and turn to much

Comment by Jgreg (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2012