how will he learn

My 51/2 month old can sit up by him self but only if i sit him up, he cant get into a sitting position, he hate his stomach so if i put him on it he just rolls right on his back.. how is he ever going to learn to get into the sitting position if he wont get on his stomach?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Be patient they work on their own schedule not yours. He will do it when he is ready.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Be patient. I agree with coala. All babies do it in their own time. I think my daughter actually crawled before she learned how to sit up without my help.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Question asker here i know he will do it on his own time but how will he learn if he doesnt stay on his stomach
    Anonymous

• He'll eventually figure out that it's fun to sit up because he can play with different things and interact more, and he'll find a way to sit up on his own.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• He is ONLY 5 and 1/2 months old, dont rush it, you will be sorry you did, it is average for a baby to sit up on their own between 6 and 8 months, so ok your son is not an infant prodigy, but I am promising you, not to many parents have those:)
    Anonymous

• It's still early for him to be sitting up. He will be just fine and will sit up when he's ready. Babies do things at different times and you want him to develop on him own time table. Just enjoy each stage because they pass very quickly!
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 9:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My daughter didn't sit on her own until about 7 months, still won't sit UP on her own, still hates to be on her tummy, and doesn't crawl yet either. She's just over 8 months now and will sit great if I put her in the position, but I don't worry about it. The Dr isn't worried about her development, so I don't worry either. I know it's hard to NOT compare your child to others, but don't. Your baby will do what he needs to do when he gets there.
    first-one

Answer by first-one at 10:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Babies actually crawl before they learn how to sit themselves up. I would not worry about it. My daughter was 7 months old and she had not even rolled over. By eight months old she was rolling over, sitting herself up, crawling and pulling herself to standing.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2009