How many of us are close and involved in godchild's life?

momw2teens522

Asked by momw2teens522 at 6:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2012 in Relationships

• I'm not a godparent, but my kid's godparents are very involved in their lives.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I am very involved in mine. Some people don't take that role very seriously. My kids godparents changed after we asked them to be god parent's to them. We have seen them 3 times in the past 6 years. Not even a b-day card. Really sad.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I am super close to my god babies. Matter of fact I helped my boys get ready for homecoming Saturday. I love those kids like my own
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I am not a god parent
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I am. I used to be very involved, but we got separated by jobs changing and miles and timezones and I haven't seen my goddaughter in years. To be a godparent was a big deal, I had to go to their city in another state to take a class and then the next day there was a huge ceremony at church, with signing of papers and making verbal public committment to being a godparent. Followed by a huge dinner with all the family members and everyone taking lots of pictures. I send cards and always include my contact information, I guess they don't take it as seriously as I do. People are funny and I don't mean funny ha-ha.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 1:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2012