how do you balance your life and theirs?

I am going back to school and I am a SAHM and i care for my termanal grandfather and of course i am a full time wife. I am going back to school to have something for myself. how do i do this with out feeling selfish

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 9:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Your not being selfish. There is no time like now to began your education. I feel so down at times because my job provides free four year college when your a full time employee and you would think after 6 years I would have taken advantage of it.
    Please go back to school because a year from now you will regret it. Every semester I say I'm going to register for classes and I never do it. Now I'm beating my self up again.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Going back to school isn't just for YOU. It's for your family, too...the better educated you are the better the job you can get should you need to find one. All full time wives really need something to fall back on in case of one of the three Ds should happen...divorce, death, discharged from employment.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• You don't! You are not being selfish...but motherhood is riddled with guilt. You simply need to move past this feeling and do something for yourself...which in the end is for the greater good of all.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• gdiamante... I don't know if you where saying don't be guilty because it's not for "you" it's for you family too. You are right it benefits everyone. But It will give me a since of pride and also If I fail then it's on ME. If I pass it's on ME. And if i don't get support from them that affects ME.
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 9:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2009