Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No more misses nice guy

My DD's father and I have been split for over a year. Everytime we go to court I am always very nice! Even though he has an extensive crimainal background I allowed him over night visitation. Even though he was 6 months behind in CS and I took a day off of work and went to court when probation caught up with him to tell them he had been paying me with out sending it to probation first so they would give him credit for his payments. Today I went and picked my daughter up (which according to the courts transportation is his responibility) and his mother was telling me he was at the bar last night and left my DD w/ her. cont....


Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I think you have to take the gloves of and not be nice to him it has to be whats best for your DD not whats conveinet for him your child comes first her and her safety. Good luck

    Answer by shames85 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

  • She also told me he only worked one day last week because he was to lazy to go to work (mind you this is his mother) and to not to expect any CS this week. She also told me I should ask for drug test because she caught him smoking weed with my daughter at the house like it's not a big deal. Earlier I called the house to talk to him and he said what the f*** do you want b**** and I could hear my DD in the background. What do you think should I ask for supervised visitation and random drug and achohol testing?

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

  • yes! your daughter is at risk!

    Answer by aliciatron at 9:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

  • I would file for full custody with no visitation until he gets his act together. I would not put my daughter into that environment. He's clearly irresponsible. My Mother split with my biological father and a good thing too. He was the same way, didn't want to work, and didn't want to spend time with his kid, though he pretended to, he was much more interested in his own social life. Do your daughter a favor, take her away from him! It will not only help her, but maybe it will help him realize what he's lost, and make him work harder to be a better father to her.

    Answer by KingLandon at 10:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

  • If you can get random drug testing on him, then by all means do it. You have to protect your daughter. You may not know of other things going on there (what if he is bringing other people over and they are drunk/under the influence around your daughter?) who knows what could happen. He obviously doesn't care what he exposes her to. If he fails his drug tests or gives them any other reason to be suspicious, then you could get full custody without visitation. Also, keep a journal of all the things you notice that don't seem right. If his moms ays something like that again, call and make a complaint on him and make sure his mom is willing to say something too. It's her grandchild, she should want to protect her too. Good luck!

    Answer by AprilDJC at 10:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

  • girl please ask for supervised visitation!!

    Answer by camtri3 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009


    Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

  • Hell yes...I would call the police if I thought for one minute he was using drugs around my DD. You need a lawyer and now! Get supervised visits...if he shows I will be amazed. Lose the Loser!

    Answer by salexander at 12:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

  • Definitely. This is a very bad situation, and you should get the supervised visits! 


    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009