Sleep-overs on school nights?

My 7 year old is on night 2 of a sleep over. He and his best friend are having a lot of fun and begged for him to spend one more night, so they could go to school together. Best friend's parents agreed, and since the boys are in the same class, I didn't see any problems with it. They have the same bedtime there that we do here, and sleepovers rarely happen for these 2. What do you say to sleep overs on school nights? What do you say to more than 1 night sleepovers?

debra_benge

Asked by debra_benge at 9:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• weekend yes thats fine but not on a school night, I know my kids would not get to sleep, they would be up all night talking and waitng for us or the other parents to go to bed and raid the fridge lol...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• As long as the other parents are in agreement about enforcing bedtimes, I don't see anything wrong with sleeping over on a school night or more than one night in a row. I do think family time is important so it wouldn't be an all-the-time thing for me anyway (and I know it isn't for you). If my child was tired at school or had subjects that were suffering, those sleepover privileges would get taken away for sure though.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I would say on the weekends. We weren't allowed to do more than one night at a friends house b/c my mom didn't want us to wear out our welcome. She wanted to parents to like us to come back. If the other parents are just as strict about bed time then once in a while might be okay.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with sleepovers as long as you know the friend and parents. I would allow a sleep over on a school night on an occasion like his friends birthday weekend. Remind your son that it was an exception you allowed him to sleep over on a school night.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I would say just one night on weekday. 2 night on Fri and Sat.
    magle

Answer by magle at 11:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• We don't normally allow sleepovers on a school night unless it's an emergency.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Not on a school night.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2009