I'm fighting for my daughters education

But it's gotten me nowhere. She just entered 9th grade and is going to night school for 3 hours a day. They told me she would be taking 9th grade classes,well they lied they are teaching her things she learned in elementary school and 7-8 grade. I have my hands tied she can't go to school anywhere else. We can't just move were stuck where were at. I feel like the schools here in Utah for troubled teens are set up to make sure the kids fall behind and fail. I know what her rights are and it's being taken from her. She does want her education,and I want her to be educated.
So please if you have had teens who had problems like my daughter and you found a solution please let me know cause I feel so helpless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2012 in General Parenting

• Is she taking those classes because she needs the remedial help?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• she is going to an alternative school for her behavior. Sorry I left that out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Did they do placement testing when she started?
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• We homeschooled, there are online high school's now, many that are public schools. I'm not sure what's available in Utah.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I understood that part. You still didn't answer my question though. Is she taking those classes because she is behind and needs the remedial help? 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2012