School bullying

My dd has several videos that she has taken of the bullying that has gone on since the first of the school year on & off her bus. This 6th grade boy has been name calling, swearing, punching a boy, & taken one of the boys in our subdivision actually down on the ground. He starts the verbal & physical fights. He wouldn't stop so she started to document it. My dd has taken several videos of this & I have contacted the principal to see if he wants to see them. There are 4 families in our subdivision that know of this bullying. He hasn't done anything to my dd but he sure has to the younger kids & my dd has tried to stick up for them & tell the boy to stop, to no avail. We are hoping the kid will be suspended from the bus for a while. This just needs to stop, it's only gotten worse. It's been 4 days since the principal has found out and nothing has been done about it. How have you handled bullying and what have you told your kids when it happens. How should they react to the bully? What should they do when they see someone else bullied?Example: If someone calls you a name, what do you do? Example: If someone hits you, how do you react?
--

cat4458

Asked by cat4458 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2012 in General Parenting

• Your 6th grader has a cell phone that has video taping capabilities? I'd just take my kid to school.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Go to the media. The school has had ample time to do something and they're not.

I tell my kids that I don't want them fighting, but if the other kid starts it, they have the right to defend themselves or others. They ARE NOT to throw the first punch though.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I would go to the school and sit and wait until that principal found the time to meet with me. It is absurd that he has done nothing.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2012