Getting ready for my newborn...

How many of each of these should I have....
nuks?
packs of wipes?
packs of diapers for newborns?
receiving blankets?
burp pads?
sets of sheets?
blankets for the crib?
and anything else you suggest....?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 9:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just go to babies r us they have list of the important stuff and how many
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• They have the list of what things you need, but they don't say how many.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• YOU ONLY NEED A COUPLE OF BINKYS WALMART SELLS THESE GREAT BIG BOXES OF WIPES FOR AROUND 10.00$ I THINK YOU GET LIKE 800 OR SO SO I WOULD GET A COUPLE OF BOXES AS FAR AS THE OTHER STUFF AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A WASHER AND DRYER JUST BUY A FEW YOU WILL BE DOING ALOT OF LAUNDRY ANYWAYS FROM POOP TO SPITUP
    CASSANDRA56745

Answer by CASSANDRA56745 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• do your self save money loose the burp clothes just fold the receiving blankets and use them for burping much bigger and cover more of u so it don't run down your back
    Anonymous

• Depends.

Don't get burp clothes....they're small and pretty much useless against spit-up. I brought cloth diapers and used those. I still have most of them 3 years later, so they're pretty durable and not too expensive.

I didn't get blankets for the crib. You'll want to swaddle your baby when you first bring her home, so just get lots of infant and/or recieving blankets.

Diapers...geez, I had TONS of newborn diapers...ones I brought and ones I pilfered from the hospital (hehe). I didn't use wipes for the longest, because newborns skin is sensitive. I just wiped her with one of burp clothes and a little soap (Dove) and water.

Don't buy too much stuff, because you may not end up needing some of it or deciding that you don't like it and end up taking it back (like pacifiers...your baby may like them, then again, he/she may not).
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 11:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I agree with Peaches, get the cloth diapers for burp clothes. I used blankets even when he was swaddled in a recieving blanket. My biggest suggestion is don't buy tons of bottles or specific nipple types until you know which ones works best, as in, which one baby likes best. No one I know, including my baby, likes the "nuks" nipples. However, the bottles and lids are great for travel and storing my extra made formula. I love the Dr Brown bottles! Get the large box of wipes at walmart. And, yes, I too used warm wet baby wash clothes when my son was a new born, because their little butts are so sensitive. When they get diaper rash use a wet wash cloth rather than a wash cloth. Anything that came from walmart can be returned, even without a receipt, like anything you got as a gift. But save receipts so you can return what you do not end up using. I have 4 crib sheets and washed more loads when new born compared to now at 6 month
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2009