Do you discuss who your voting for with your friends and family? or do you keep it to yourself?

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't discuss it with anyone. It's my choice.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I rarely discuss it besides with DH. Neither of us have any big interest in politics.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I usually keep it to myself.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Yes, most of us will all vote the same.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I've kept it to myself this time, other than on CM, of course.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Nope... I want to still like them and them to still like me when the election is over. My family and I have very differing views on politics and both sides can get heated during discussions. For us it is better to just keep our opinions to ourselves.

Now my friends are all the same political leaning that I am so we will occasionally touch on the subject, but not too often.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Most of my family and I vote the same way, but we don't discuss it a whole lot. My parents and I will discuss it. I have been discussing it with my kids this year, because we homeschool now and I am taking advantage of the election to teach them about the government and elections and how it all works (or is supposed to work, anyway. lol).

As far as friends...I have some friends that I know we can discuss it without a problem, and others that I know will get all offended if they even think I'm voting a different way. I gauge the situation and discuss it when I know it won't be a major issue.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• i'll talk to DH & my bro about it, and i'll mention my frustrations with both candidates to anyone who will listen haha, but i keep my actual choice to myself IRL. my parents dont vote (drives me crazy!) so they arent usually too interested.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Some people I'll share it with but others it's not worth it. My one daughter is very much for Obama and if you even said you didn't like the tie he wore last night she'd jump all over you let alone try and actually discuss politics with her. Of course she's one of those that "I got an Obamaphone" screamers.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• we discuss religion/politics all the time (those in my RL circles, some on FB..)..its just part of life, so why not? i have great friends who think/vote polar opposite to my own political leanings..makes no difference. it takes a village, right?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2012