douching?

soo i know douching isnt really the best thing for ya but does anyone do it after there cycle is done and you have that left over to get rid of it? besides letting it run its course how else can u get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Health

• This is a good question. I've never done it, but I've been tempted as you said after a cycle. I'm curious to see if others do it and if it does work well.
    Anonymous

• Are you saying if you douch during your period, your period will go away faster?
    Anonymous

• Letting it run its course is really all you can do. It's also the healthiest...anything else can lead to an infection.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I have in the past but not any more, I do believe in it's weird way we are getting cleanse when we have our periods from the inside and our job is to keep our outside clean as well.

I thought the douche was to help keep you clean but all it is doing is stripping the natural body fluids from your vagina (atleast that is what gyno's say) don't douche before you pap smear exam. So I just wait or time it to go see the gyno that way there won't be any residue.

Hope this helped. Good Luck!!!

Anonymous

• "Are you saying if you douch during your period, your period will go away faster? "

It won't. There's no rushing it.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i have but not for awhile because my obgyn said it was bad
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i just wanted to know in general... not before a pap or anything just mainly in general. it seems like it takes forever to go away.. thanks for the responses though
    Anonymous

• I do occasionally. I know just what you mean about that left-over. But I don't douche often at all. Your natural discharge should be enough and you don't want to douche too often and dry yourself out. Don't get rid of all your natural lube, if you know what I mean. That's no fun. But honestly, I don't think douching every once in a while is harmful.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2009