OMG!!! It happened!!!

So I dropped my 4th grader off at school.I'm about to leave so I say "have a good day, I love you". He muttered back" love you too". You would've thought his tongue was made of cotton lol. So there you have it ladies, my son is now officially to cool to love and be loved by his mother lmao!!!

When did yours realize they were waaay too cool for all that?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2012 in General Parenting

• Wow, first grade? I guess yours was just so much extra cooler then, huh? Lol I honestly didn't expect it until about 6th grade, silly naive little me :D

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• He has arrived, no more baby junk.

Answer by mto3821 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• My 6 yr old already doesn't allow kisses, hugs are still okay.

Answer by 3libras at 11:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• It's usually more a boy thing than girls. My ex used to be the same way around his mother. I can't ever remember being like that and I know my girls weren't.

Answer by m-avi at 11:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• My 9 year old, 3rd grader is getting there. His hugs and kisses are getting more and more reluctant. The "I love you"'s are still there and strong, but getting quieter as well.

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• @ m-avi

I totally agree, I was in high school and still loved kisses from my daddy when he dropped me off. Sometimes he'd even walk me to my first class.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I've been lucky so far. The two of mine that are in school are 10 and 7. They are both still "hugs" and "I love you's" with me. Maybe since my 5th grader is a girl?? I dont know!

Answer by toughluck08 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Only in public.
    I don't actually remember whn.

Answer by Dardenella at 1:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• It hasnt happen yet but i know is coming soon he is already in second grade

Answer by Alisim at 1:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• My oldest in 7 and he's has gotten to that point yet. I'm sure it'll be coming soon though. In the store the other day I did get a "Mom you're embarassing me" for the first time though lol!

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2012