What does your DH/SO think about valentines day?

When we were first dating DH said that valentines was a day for guys who never bought/did much for their girlfriends/wives. He said if I want valentines to be something extra special then he could stop doing the things that he does on a regular basis and buy me flowers, chocolates and a card that one day. lol
I don't mind because he was always doing something special for me. Ofcourse over the years and 3 kids later things have changed a bit.
btw, this dosen't bother me because we steal moments when we can.
What does you DH/SO think of valentines day?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We don't do anything either. We set the precedent when we first started dating. I know nothing is coming and I never get disappointed. He's very sweet to me most of the time anyway. I think it means more when it comes to him naturally to do something nice for me. Besides, chocolates and flowers are nice, but the night he sat by my side in the ER while I had countless tests done to find out if my appendix was going to burst (it was) meant more than any of that stuff. He's a good husband, and I try to be a good wife. We don't need a holiday for that! :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• He thinks that it is a commercial holiday made up by Hallmark to create sales after Christmas. LOL We don't do much. The first Valentine's we were together he went all out, but hasn't in 6 years. We are actually going to dinner with some friends of his this year so I am a little excited.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• last year he sent me flowers because i was pregnant and a way from him... ( visiting my grannie before the baby came) and this year, we arent buying gifts for one another, but rather giving the boy to my mom for the night and getting a hotel room and have a great dinner and champagne..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• He sees it as a way of showing appreciation for our love and relationship. We go beyond flowers, cards and candy. We went to a "Love Jam" concert last night, and we danced with each other and looked in each other's eyes. Needless to say, the one of the groups played our song, too. I think it's nice to have a holiday to reflect and focus on each other, because there's not enough hours in the day. We did it a little early this year, but it was nicer than any Valentine's Day we've ever had.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 10:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2009