Do you feel more tired when you fall asleep earlier?

I laid down with my DD last nigh when she woke about 9ish crying. I fell asleep and woke up to my younger DD crying from her bed at about 3ish and calmed her quickly and then back to sleep. Today I woke with a headache that resurfaced now and then throuout the day. I'm usually late to bed, the sleep felt great but I was exhausted today.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yup. My SO and I have days where we take turns sleeping in, and I stopped because I always woke up crabby and feeling like crap. And for some reason I always ended up taking a nap on those days, which just made me feel worse.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Maybe because it was broken sleep? I don't know about anyone else, but the more sleep I get, the more sleep I want! lol. Before I was pregnant, I'd function better on 4 hours of sleep than 8.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I think your body just get so used to your sleep patterns that when you get some that is out of the ordinary for your body it doesn't know what to do, so it makes you feel more tired. Does that make sense?
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I am known to sleep in on the weekends but then I question why? I am a night owl and still get my butt up early to go to work, I always say, as soon as I get home from my first split shift I am so going back to sleep, yet when I get home, I have tons of energy! I think I mess myslef up if I sleep too much.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2009