CAN I HAVE A BABY AFTER A PARTIAL HYSTERECTOMY

I had a partial hysterectomy some years ago and now my hubby and i would love to have another babyplease let me know if there is anything that i can do to make that a dream come true.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• To the best of my knowledge, a partial hysterectomy involved the removal of the uterus... but not the cervix.

If this is what you had done, then I'd say no --- you can't have children.

Adoption... or maybe a surrogate.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• no you can't
    juju40

Answer by juju40 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• sorry but good god i hope not. i've been having unprotected sex since mine last year adn if you can i can and omg.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• If you had your ovaries removed then you have no eggs to fertilize, so you wouldn't be able to get pregnant.
    If you had your uterus removed then you have no womb in which to carry a baby.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• When my mom got her partial hystrorectomy they removed the uterus and cervix, but left the ovaries.If this is what was done to you, unfortunately, no you will not be able to become pregant. Like PP said...Adoption or maybe a surrogate.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 2:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2009