HOW MANY :) another question

how many extra bottles and nipples should i have?
and how many changing pad covers?

this is for my newborn...

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 10:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had 2 or 3 changing pad covers. The one thing I had, that I loved the most, was this thing I got at Target. You can find it here. It was nice to have one around the house and one in the diaper bag. I didn't always go to my daughter's room to change her diaper on the table...so this was great just to whip out. Plus i could just use a Clorox wipe on it if it got messy. As for bottles and nipples, can't help you there....I breastfed both mine. I had a few bottles, just in case, but neither kid would take them.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Well as for the changing pads, sweetie, they are over-rated. Just put him down anywhere, whip off his diaper, wipe him, and put a fresh one on. You'll learn soon enough they aren't as fragile as they look. Mine is 7 weeks old btw, and I have no once used a changing pad. Just gotta hold their legs up with one hand, and do the rest with the other. It seems hard now, but you'll get the hang of it. As for the bottles, as of right now, I have 7, 8 ounce bottles, and 4, 4 ounce bottles. But I started out with just 2 and 2. Your baby should only eat about 4 ounces the first few weeks, so you should be fine with just a couple. It just all depends on how much you want to wash the bottles. If you wanna wash them before every feeding, then only have a couple, if you don't, then have a lot. You'll figure things out as you go, trust me. Best of luck!
    KingLandon

Answer by KingLandon at 10:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i agree with KingLandon....i dont use a changing pad. i actually put a recieving blacket down if i know its gonna be a messy one. otherwise. hold those legs and use ur other hand. i have a 5 month old. shes getting to the stage where shes kicking her way out of my hands.
    as for bottles. i have 5 8oz bottles. and 5 6oz... thats me tho. i get lazy washing all those bottles all the time.
    KCsMom08

Answer by KCsMom08 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I had about 4 4oz the first few weeks then she went to the 8oz and I had to have like 10! I could not handle washing more than once a day. Just keep them well rinsed or you'll have to replace them more often. as for changing pads its nice to have at least 2. one to use, one to wash. if it dosn't get messy you can use it several times. I had four but I could have used just two.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2009