Where can I create a private group online (other than Facebook)?

At work, I am a leader of soon to be 11 people. I created a group on facebook so that I can stay connected with them and we can discuss things go on with our projects, ask questions, and bounce ideas off of each other. The problem is that there are a few people who do not have facebook pages and don't want to create one. They are willing to join in on something else as long as it is a closed, private group. Any ideas on where I can create a private group online?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 1:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2012 in Technology

• twitter?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Here is a link

LINK

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 1:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Not sure if that is what you need. You can also try creating a LinkedIn Group
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 1:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• You can create a google group, a yahoo group, or many other kind of groups. It just depends on what your needs are and which interface can provide that for you. Do your research, pick a host, create.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 1:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• BTW, If you need help starting your research or tips on different hosts and what they are capable of, I would be more than happy to help. Just PM me. :)
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 1:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I was thinking LinkedIn which has already been mentioned. Other than that I have not idea.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• Google+ circle?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2012